Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Precious Jesus

In the middle of the night

keeping me awake

I see visions of my life,

scenes I can't forget,


Someone raging like a fool

Proud, for all to see,

How I wish it wasn’t true,

That it wasn't me.


O I need Jesus, precious Jesus

Only Jesus heals my soul,

So give me Jesus, precious Jesus

help me Jesus, make me whole.


I've believed for many years

in the grace of God,

all the blessings that he gives

and his kingdom come.


Still I lay awake at night

'cause I really need him,

no one else can make things right;

only Jesus heals.


And I see Jesus, precious Jesus

Only Jesus makes me whole,

O I see Jesus, precious Jesus

Help me Jesus, to go on.

 

So I call his name

and he gives me peace

only he can save

me from my distress.

Every hour, every day

still, I need his grace

the great gift he gave

when he took my place.

 

O, I need Jesus, precious Jesus

Only Jesus heals my soul

So give me Jesus, precious Jesus

Help me, Jesus, to go on,

Precious Jesus, bring me home.

 

No comments: